Thursday 15 July 2010

busy, busy, busy: AEP Summer School


TEAM 8 IS GREAT! GREAT IS TEAM 8. I love this photo of us and I miss our embarrassing team dance! (i'm at the back, i have no body, hehe)

2 weeks ago from Sunday to Friday, I attended a summer school at the University of Nottingham. And it was AMAZING!

It consisted of academic group sessions (posh word for lectures), team challenges and evening activities.

Sunday: My family dropped me off and we all had lunch. Then we met our tutor group (team 8), had a campus tour and met our academic strand group (goooo social sciences). After dinner (which always turned out to be terrible), we did some drumming. I loved it and surprisingly i was really good at it!
Monday: We had 2 lectures on The Law Of Murder and the other on Is It Rape? (which was really good, learnt lots of new stuff) After lunch I chose to do arts. I participated in a 'Freshers' Show, it was great, I was called Doris and was a mature student with a vintage dress sense. Then we did e-Mentoring challenges where lots of teams got together and participated in games/challenges. We were called 'The angels of the ninth' (as we were team 9) it was fun, even though we didn't win.

Tuesday: After breakfast we had lectures called The Meaning Of Freedom and Immigration. Then, was careers afternoon and we got into tutor groups and our task was to create a commercial to advertise Gok's new beauty show (I was sooo glad to have this brief, as others had to do it on healthy eating and what not) to the half of the groups and the ambassadors would choose two (ours was one) to perform to the rest of the groups. All four groups showed their commercials and everyone in the audience had to vote and our groups WON! Then after dinner was International Night and I chose to go to Japanese. The woman was really cute. She told me my name is supposedly lipstick in French, haha?!?!

Wednesday: My Social Sciences group went to lectures called Democracy & Multiculturalism and The International Politics Of Race. Then after lunch we went to sessions such as Finance and Budgeting, Personal Statements and What I Wish I'd Known... All besides personal statements was a bore. To end the day, was Quiz Night at a lovely bar called Mooch. We were split into teams, were each person in the team had knowledge of a certain subject. (me being a genius at social science ;). We thought we had performed real bad out of the other groups but in fact we came 5Th! It was a shock to our systems.
Thursday: Our last academic sessions consisted of An introduction to: Cultural & Historical (walk around the campus) Geography and Geographical Information Science (bare use of google maps). There after was Project work and I chose to participate in Vodcasts. We had to create a video in groups to show why one may want to consider applying to University of Nottingham. I sound like a nerd in my part, oh dear! Then we had our final dinner together. It was called a Celebration Dinner and everyone got all dressed up, we had VIP's arrive (lectures', sponsors, organisers, etc) and had food served to us! Twas glamorous. After, awards (our tutor group all got £5 book vouchers each for winning the commercial challenge and I got one for my fabulous drumming skills), there was a disco!
Looking glamorous (not including my hair)
Outfit:
Black Dress - Primark
Gold Heels - Matalan
Diamond earrings: New Look
At the Celebration dinner. Poor food, no cheesecake :(
Face:
foundation - Image DV8, Whipped Bronsing Mousse
Eyeliner -Barry M, Duo Khol Pencil
Mascara -MaxFactor, False Lash Effect
Blusher -Natural Collection (doen't mention the shade)
Lipstick - No. 17, Lasting Fix (honey waffle)
Classic head tilt pose.
Haha! I love this photo. I never know where to place my hand in photos. And Selina looks freaky!
I like this photo :). haha, in the background!

and finally a photo of the girlies. A shot of all our pretty outfits :)

Friday: I said farewell to my room and to the lovely people that I had got to know sooo much in the few days we'd spent together.

I went to see Eclipse last Wednesday, shall tell you more in my next post :)

'till next time, xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and reply to every single comment from you beautiful people, so go ahead write one...